CyanogenMod CM7.2 Best For Samsung Galaxy Ace
For about a month I was searching for a decent cyanogen mod custom rom for my Samsung galaxy ace GT-5830. I tried many forums and websites, all suggesting even cyanogenmod 9 with android 4 ice-cream sandwich (ICS) but people complains about it as those were buggy in nature. Finally I found a good make for my Ace which is CM 7.2 KANG-signed ROM release from Xda-developers. I applied the file to my ace and it worked like a charm. No lags or installation problems was there and the process was smooth.
Here's a simple tutorial shows how to upgrade to your Galaxy ace to Android 2.3.7 via cyanogenmod 7.2 rom. Its not required to have root access to do a ROM change but its nice to have root access as most of the android apps works well if your device have root. if you're in official android here's how to root ace.
This method wont work unless you've android version 2.3.* . So if your phone is old and still in froyo, you need to update to android 2.3 first.
Notice: Please backup all your contacts, messages call logs using any of the backup apps from android market. (My method - Use export contacts to a file .vcf and save in sd card, SMS Backup & Restore app for text messages and Call Logs Backup & Restore app for backing up call logs)
Do this at your own risk.!
Step 1 - Install ClockWorkMod(CWM) on S5830 Samsung Galaxy Ace
CWM is a recovery tool for android phone which should be installed before rom change. It allows to recover the stoch rom.
- Download recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-galaxyace-fix.zip from this link.
- Copy the file on to sd card.
- Switch off the device.
- Reboot by pressing Home+Power button and then release only the power button.
- Now you'll have a menu. Scroll using volume buttons and select apply update from sd card. choose the zip CWM zip file. [ center menu button for OK]
- After the process completed reboot your phone.
Install CyanogenMod7 CM7 on Galaxy Ace S5830
1. Download cyanogenmod 7.2 zip file (update-23-01-12-cm-7.2.0-RC0-Ga..zip) from here. [95.7 MB]
2. Copy the file to sd card.
3. Switch off the phone completely.
4. Reboot the device into CWM recovery by pressing Home+Power button and then release only the power button.
5. Wipe out all the data by choosing wipe data/factory reset. Scroll and press yes.
6. Similarly wipe the cache partition by selecting wipe cache partition.
7. Now goto Install Zip from sdcard and select the CM 7.2 zip file that you've downloaded.
8. Wait few seconds and that's it. reboot your phone. Have fun.!
checkout this video tutorial.